Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Online Academy of Irish Music

"Physically based in West Co. Clare, The Online Academy of Irish Music is a new and unique platform for providing quality Irish musical tuition on a global scale. The teaching is transmitted directly from some of Ireland's most experienced performers and tutors to any location in the world. We aspire to provide tuition for all instruments and at all levels."

*picks self up off floor* ... Needless to say, I'll definitely be enrolling. Would I like to have Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh teaching me how to properly sing trad music? Um, let me see — hell yea! I've really been wanting to advance in tin whistle as well, but looks like that class is already for advanced level, so I may wait another year for that and focus on singing right now.

Looks like you only need to pay if you want tutor feedback and access to the forums, but core lessons will be free. I seriously may die of excitement.

Is it September yet?

2 comments:

  1. Did you join? How did you find the course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ancestral Celt: I joined but I didn't subscribe. Finances have just been too tight to allow me to. I found the course via Muireann Nic Amhlaoibh's Facebook.

    ReplyDelete